In preparation for the start of another school year and something we have done at St. Mary's in past summers, we will once again be offering a Work Crew Program.
The program is open to all students registered at St. Mary's High School for the 2022-2023 school year and will run three two-week sessions as follows:
- July 11th - July 21st
- July 25th - August 4th
- August 8th - August 18th
Each weekly session will run from Monday-Thursday, starting promptly at 8:00 a.m. and ending at 1:00 p.m. The participating students will be credited $350 towards their 2022-2023 tuition upon completion of the session. Each session will be limited to 20 student workers and will be accepted based on the order of 'sign-up' receipt. The students will be working on things like painting indoors and outdoors, landscaping, general cleaning, etc. and will be well supervised.
Here are some important reminders/rules to consider before signing up for the program:
- Absolutely NO cell phone use during working hours.
- If your child feels sick or is showing any signs or symptoms of Covid-19 or any other illness, please keep him or her home! The safety and well being of your child and those around them are of the utmost importance here.
- As always, our rules and regulations will also evolve to match those laid out by NYS and the CDC.
- Students must be in their session every day, and there will be no switching dates, sessions, etc. Each student must be able to work the entire duration of the two-week session. It is simply too much effort to track John/Mary Jr. not being able to work Wed. of their week but can make it up Tues, of the following session.
- Students are often asked to do work outside on school grounds. Therefore, all students enrolled in the program must be able to deal with the outside elements (i.e. sun, grass, etc.) without special accommodations.
- Please note that Freshmen Student Orientation is July 11th and 12th, so PLEASE AVOID signing up for the first session if you have an incoming freshman student.
Additionally, the Work Crew Rules document below must be completed, signed by parent and student, and returned to the school.
Please return the document to Ms. Melanie Adams at email@example.com
, or drop it off at school.