What better way to celebrate the St. Mary's than with a 5K race to honor the memory of one of the school's greatest alumni and supporters, Chris Griswold?
Given the global pandemic that has brought many events to a screeching halt over the past two years, we have been unable to hold the Griswold Run – a staple event in the Lancaster community for the past 25 years. This year, however, we are bringing it back in style! We are thrilled to be able to hold the race, once again, in Como Park on Saturday, May 13, 2023.
The former race leadership team, led by Dr. Nick Aquino, a St. Mary’s graduate of the Class of 1973, has passed the baton (pun intended) to the St. Mary’s Athletics Department to do the behind the scenes work leading up to the race. Dr. Aquino is still very much involved and wants to ensure this incarnation of the Griswold Run is the best it has ever been.
The 28th annual Chris Griswold Memorial Lancer 5K Run/Walk will be held Saturday, May 13, 2023. The race itself will kick off at 10:00 a.m. The course begins and ends in Como Park - just as the Griswold Run always has. Most importantly, the proceeds from the race benefit the St. Mary's Athletics.
- Pre-registration (prior to May 13th): $30
- Day-of registration: $35
- St. Mary's students: $20 (Coupon code: RunLancer5K2023)
- Grammar School Participants: Free (will take effect when you sign up)
For more information on the run, you can download the registration form here.
Join us for a (hopefully) beautiful spring day, a little workout, and a great post-race party!
To register for the 5K Run/Walk on Saturday, Mary 13th, you can:
- Download the registration form, fill out the necessary information, and mail the completed form with payment to St. Mary's High School at 142 Laverack Ave. Lancaster, NY 14086 or save a stamp and drop the registration form and payment off to the St. Mary's!
- Download the registration form here: Race Registration Form 23
Chris Griswold Memorial Lancer 5K Registration Form (preferred method of registration)