On Friday, February 7th, St. Mary’s held our annual Lancer Gala (formerly known as the Lancer Dinner Auction). Hundreds of people packed the Athletic Center to bid on silent and live auction items, enjoy some delicious food from Frontier Catering, and bask in the company of fellow St. Mary’s alumni, supporters, faculty, staff, and friends. We can’t thank all of our attendees enough for supporting our biggest fundraising event of the year, and we can’t wait to do it all again in 2021!
Thank you to this year’s sponsors:
Take a look at some of the highlights from this year in the silent auction:
- Electronics – Nintendo Switch, Amazon Kindle Fire, Flat-Screen TV
- Buffalo Bills/Sabres Memorabilia
- Signed jerseys by Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly, Tre’Davious White
- Signed replica helmet by Micah Hyde
- Signed football by Josh Allen
- Kitchen Appliances – toaster ovens, blenders, InstaPots
- Other Homeware/Cookware
- Kids’ Toys
- Designer Purses and Wallets
- Golfing Packages
- Overnight Stays in Niagara Falls and Ellicottville to ski with an Olympian
- Private Catered Dinners
- St. Mary’s Special Section
- Student-Painted Chairs
- Hooky for a Day with St. Mary’s Administration
- Graduation and Musical Seats
- Tickets Galore!
- Sabres games, musicals and special events at Shea’s, concerts, admission to different Buffalo hot spots, and more!
- Gift Cards for All:
- Every restaurant you could imagine, Target, Tim Horton’s, Wegman’s
We were also very excited to present “Tuition Row!” Several area colleges and universities have generously donated tuition vouchers to be auctioned off at this year’s Gala along with some awesome swag. Families could bid on a chance to earn some money towards their son’s or daughter’s tuition. These schools included:
- Niagara University
- Bonaventure University
- Canisius College
- Medaille College
- Hilbert College
- Mercyhurst University
Several raffles were also going on throughout the evening as well! A wine bottle and gift card raffle was featured along with a new, exciting event!
Try your luck at finding the Golden Ticket wrapped inside a candy bar – just like in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory! Purchase a premium chocolate bar for $20, and you might just unwrap a golden ticket, which will win you $1,000!
Here also is a listing of this year’s Live Auction items.
Looking for some photos from the night? Check those out here.