Banquet honors top athletes of 15-16
St. Mary’s High School in Lancaster held its annual Spring Sports Award Banquet on June 22 at the school.
In addition to presentations for the school’s spring sports – namely, baseball, girls’ lacrosse, softball, tennis, and track – the evening concluded with the presentation of the Major Athletic Awards for the 2015-16 school year.
These award winners were:
- Male Athlete of the Year – Mitch DiPirro (Lancaster)
- Female Athlete of the Year – Bailey Dolegowski (East Aurora)
- Ken Jakubowski Award (Service to Athletics) – Madeline Wnuk (Lancaster)
- Harry Paul Award (Service to Athletics) – Jonathan Rowe (Holland)
- Lady Lancer Hustle Award – Mikala McCartney (Elma)
- Joe Monin Award (Lancer Hustle Award) – Joseph Stoj (Depew)
- Chelsea Kiebzak Award (Dedication to Basketball) – Ann Hamilton (Clarence)
- Dick Wojciechowski Award (Dedication to Basketball) – Kayson Hill (Buffalo)
- Coach of the Year – Jason Kline – Girls’ Basketball (Holland)
Through our 24 sports of 33 teams, you will find a sense of belonging that fits your interest.
With a new state-of-the art Athletic Center and best in class outdoor facilities, St. Mary's boasts one of the most successful athletic programs in Western New York. St. Mary's has won the Monsignor Martin Athletic Association "A" League Supremacy Cup for the past 8 years. Click on the sports link to the right to see the team schedule and record for this year.
With a state-of-the-art Athletic Center and best-in-class outdoor facilities,
St. Mary’s boasts one of the most successful athletic programs
in Western New York.
- 2013 championships for women's JV & varsity volleyball, men’s JV & varsity basketball, baseball, and golf teams
- Five teams earned trips to State Championships—women’s volleyball, men’s basketball, and individuals from track, wrestling, and bowling teams
- 18 Buffalo News Scholar Athletes nominees from St. Mary’s
- 40 Student-Athletes were named to All-Catholic teams
- Nearly 85 percent of students participate in extracurricular activities
- Recent State Championships include Women’s Volleyball (13 total), Women’s Basketball (2011), and Men’s Basketball (2009 & 2010)
- Federation Hockey
- Part of Msgr. Martin Women’s Hockey Team
- State-of-the-art 21,000 sq. ft. Athletic Center with mezzanine weight room