Athlete of the Week for January 19-23
Congratulations to freshman Eric Brown, who is the St. Mary's Athlete of the Week for January19-23.
Starting in his first varsity game -- on his birthday -- Eric had 15 points, 8 assists, and 6 rebounds as the Lancers downed Niagara Catholic.
Jake Shepard named
Buffalo News Scholar Athlete
Congratulations to varsity football player Jacob Shephard who was named a Buffalo News Scholar Athlete for the fall sports season.
Every sports season, The Buffalo News recognizes seniors as Scholar Athletes. These students have made significant contributions to their teams while meeting high academic standards.
Jacob’s picture will appear in an upcoming issue of The Buffalo News.
In addition, the following St. Mary’s athletes received Honorable Mention recognition:
- Football – Paul Bargnesi, Jacob Concannon, Marc O’Neill, and Sean Wilson
- Girls’ Soccer – Teresa Cronmiller, Rebecca Hojna, Tia Piotrowski, Julie Sobczynski, Alexandria Szpila, and Mariah Troidl
- Girls’ Volleyball – Ashley Drzymala, Leah Meyer, and Shelby Strausbaugh
- Boys’ Soccer – Joseph Hamilton, Michael
Kruse, Ryan Ratajczak, William Roskopf, Zachary Szpila, and Jacob
- Boys’ Volleyball – Austin Klink
Through our 23 sports of 32 teams, you will find a sense of belonging that fits your interest.
With a new state-of-the art Athletic Center and best in class outdoor facilities, St. Mary's boasts one of the most successful athletic programs in Western New York. St. Mary's has won the Monsignor Martin Athletic Association "A" League Supremacy Cup for the past 8 years. Click on the sports link to the right to see the team schedule and record for this year.
With a state-of-the-art Athletic Center and best-in-class outdoor facilities,
St. Mary’s boasts one of the most successful athletic programs
in Western New York.
- 2013 championships for women's JV & varsity volleyball, men’s JV & varsity basketball, baseball, and golf teams
- Five teams earned trips to State Championships—women’s volleyball, men’s basketball, and individuals from track, wrestling, and bowling teams
- 18 Buffalo News Scholar Athletes nominees from St. Mary’s
- 40 Student-Athletes were named to All-Catholic teams
- Nearly 85 percent of students participate in extracurricular activities
- Recent State Championships include Women’s Volleyball (13 total), Women’s Basketball (2011), and Men’s Basketball (2009 & 2010)
- Federation Hockey
- Part of Msgr. Martin Women’s Hockey Team
- State-of-the-art 21,000 sq. ft. Athletic Center with mezzanine weight room